Here are the kids with Arthur. We met him at Barnes and Noble on Friday morning. There was a storytime where they read the newest Arthur book (which, coincidentally, was also for sale!) and then Arthur made his personal appearance. I was really proud of the kids. Of about 15 kids that were there, they were 3 out of only 5 that would even get close to him. When it was over, I asked them what they thought. Will said "Good, but he didn't talk to me. The easter bunny talked to me." He was referring to the Easter bunny at Ameritas. Score 1 for the easter bunny. Afterwards we picked up McDonald's then went to the park, ate lunch and played. The weather was HOT that day, around 90, so we went home around 12:30 and found the air conditioner.
Some big, exciting news in our house this week. I was offered and have accepted a job with LPS to go back teaching next year! It's .5 PTE, which is essentially part-time. My hours will be Wednesday afternoon, all day Thursday and all day Friday. So, I'll still have 2 1/2 days at home a week. I think this is going to be a good balance of work and being home with the kids. The kids will still go to First Lutheran Preschool on Tues/Thurs, and while the exact details have yet to be worked out, it is looking like they will go to daycare Thursday afternoons and all day Fridays. We are meeting with a home daycare provider, whose name we got from Aunt Lisa's friend Christy. Christy has always spoken highly of her, so we are going this weekend to meet her and see if she can take the kids starting in August.
Xander gave me a huge scare last week. We were going to the grocery store on Sunday morning, and I got them out of the car, one at a time as I always do. I make them stand next to the car so they don't run into the parking lot. And, if you have ever seen our minivan, it's a Honda Odyssey that has automatically closing doors. They open back up if something is in the way, but only if it's in the way of the front of the closing door. Well, Xander was standing at the back of the door and though it was a good idea to stick his finger in it as it was closing. I looked up just in time to gasp and try to pull it out, but I was too late and the door shut and his finger was shut in it. Of course, I had already locked the doors, so I had to fish out the key fab from my pocket, unlock it, then press the door open button. All the while Xander is screaming at the top of his lungs and I'm thinking the worst. When I finally got his finger out, it was blue and flat, like a cartoon character that had been flattened by a steamroller. So, I yelled at Will and Grace to get back into the car, as I'm thinking his finger is crushed and we'll have to go to the hospital. Then, Will starts crying that he wants to go to the store, and Xander is screaming about his thumb. I strap all three of them back into the seats as fast as I have ever done it and fly home. I carried Xander inside and put some ice on his finger. It started looking better and he was calmer by then. He was able to bend it, so we decided it wasn't crushed and didn't go to the hospital. We never did make it to the grocery store, though. By the way, it really made an impression on Xander not to put his hands in the way of the closing doors. He balls up his hands into fists and puts them behind his back everytime the doors are closing.
The weather didn't cooperate with us over the weekend. We were supposed to have our pictures professionally taken on Sunday by Khara, who has done all of our other great family pictures in the past. So, we're working on a reschedule date, so far nothing has worked out yet. When we get them, I'll let you know. That's about all for now. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment