Wednesday, May 06, 2009

New toothbrushes




The kids got these electric Spin Brushes for Christmas from my mom and dad. But, I didn't get them out until now. They love them and they will willingly brush their teeth. I sometimes help them a little bit to get all the back teeth, but otherwise they're on their own. Grace got a Barbie one, Will's is a firetruck with lights that actually work and Xander's is a soccer ball. There is one other small but noticeable change in our house. I took away the small potty chairs. I was getting tired of hearing "Mommy, I'm done!" from all over the house. So, now they have to use a step stool and use the big potty. It is so much nicer not to have to clean out potties and the bathroom has more room in it now.

Will has been pretty sick this week. We went to the doctor on Friday, which was only day 2 of the cold, but his cough was really bad, much worse than usual. The doc gave him steroids, and even with 5 days of the steroids, he's still coughing a lot. For some reason, this cold is hitting him harder than usual. So, because he's been so sick, we haven't gone anywhere or done much of anything. We skipped church on Sunday, because going to the nursery was a bad idea. We did go to the library on Tuesday, but that's all. I hope he starts to get better soon, poor guy!

Funniest comment of the week:
Xander: I ate so much. My tummy is so full it's going to pop.
Xander looking down to his tummy through his shirt: Daddy, it's not popping!

It all happened pretty fast, but everything is set for me going back to work next fall. We met with the home daycare provider on Sunday and she is going to be good. We are making it official with her this week, signing papers and such. The kids will start with her in August when I go back to meetings and the regular schedule will start on Aug 19th. So, that's about it. Sorry for the short post (you're welcome, Chad) but there's not much new and interesting. Hopefully we'll have more stories next week......Thanks for checking up!

No comments: