Friday, May 15, 2009

No pictures, but plenty of little stories

Sorry I don't have any pictures this week. We did get our professional family pictures taken on Wednesday, though. When those are up online and ready to see, I'll let you all know. I think they will be very cute. We went out on the golf course and shot pictures for around an hour.

So, nothing really huge and newsworthy happened this week, but the kids have been doing some funny things that are worth sharing lately.

The funniest thing they are doing is thinking about directions, right, left and around town. They have known their right and left hands/feet for a while, but now they have started talking about directions around town, and turning right and left on streets. We were driving east on Pine Lake road the other day, and at 56th Street, Will said "This is where you turn to get to Grandma Ellen's house." (which was correct, by the way.) At 70th Street, Grace said "Church is just that way," (which was also correct). We kept going straight, to my mom's house and Xander said "This is the way to Grandma Pam's house. We're going to turn right at the stop sign." (also correct). Apparently last week, Grandpa Dale took a different route back to our house and it really distressed Will. He asked "Grandpa, why are you going this way?" The type A child prefers going the same way every time! They are very interested in the town. They point out every building along a route that they have been in. We have to drive by Backyard Burgers to get to my mom's house. EVERY time we drive by it, I get a run down of the last time we ate there, what everyone ate, and what we did before and after. We've also started teaching them our address. They know what town we live in, but don't always remember 37th Street. We'll keep working.

We visited preschool on Thursday morning. I think they are going to enjoy it and they are definitely ready. They loved all the toys, they also sat for circle time and even participated a little bit. They were quite a bit smaller than the kids that were there, but that's to be expected. It is going to be great for them to be around a classful of other kids. Will cried when we had to leave! I don't think we'll have any tears when I leave them the first day.

Speaking of Will, he visited the asthma doctor on Monday afternoon. He's off the oral steroids, and had a rough Tuesday and Wednesday coming off of them. However, the doc upped the inhaled steroids for a short time, then we'll reevaluate. He doesn't think we'll be able to drop down the inhaled steroids for the summer like we were able to last year. His asthma isn't getting better as he gets older, it's getting more severe. Poor kid! I do hope that he can get a break from the sickness this summer, though.

That's all for this week. When the pictures are up on the kabloom studios website, I'll let you know. Until then, have a good weekend.

No comments: