Saturday, June 06, 2009

A quick update

We are back from our little vacation, and once I get a little more time, I'll post the 134 pictures I took and tell you all about it. We're a little tired, but laying low this weekend, so we'll recover. In the mean time, here is a quick update about life before and after vacation.

Well, the kids are enrolled in a lot of things for the summer. We have swimming lessons, as I mentioned before, on Tues/Thurs in June. They are also taking a beginning gymnastics class that my parents are paying for as a birthday present. That is on Wednesday mornings for 45 minutes. I think they'll like it, but it's a class withOUT a parent. So, that will be different for them. I'm not even allowed into the gym while they're in class. I am a little nervous about it, but hope they warm up to the teacher and participate and have fun. We are also taking them to bible school at our church the third week of June. This is all in addition to the regular things we do like storytime and playgroups with the multiples club. Whew! What a busy month!

They are doing some new things lately. The most notable is taking showers instead of baths. I still do all the washing for them, but I do admit, I like the showers better. I do one at a time, and they're faster. Plus, all 3 in the bathtub is getting a little tight and they get a little rowdy.

A few funny comments from the last week:

While playing "ghost" (putting blankets over their heads and saying "ooooh").....
Xander: Grace it's your turn to be the ghost.
Grace: I can't, it messes up my hair.

Overheard while playing...
Grace: Let's do something where I can be the boss, next.

While playing trains....
Audrey: Xander, do you want to go play the video game on the computer? It's your turn.
Xander: No, I'm good.

All, overheard at various times during the day......
Xander: Ladies and gentlemen, in the center-ey (we think they mean "center ring"), Will, the strawberry!
Grace: Ladies and gentlemen, in the center-ey, Xander the elephan!
Will: Ladies and gentlemen, in the center-ey, Grace the blueberry!
You get the idea. Picture them saying this as an actual circus announcer, with a pretent microphone and everything. Grace even hold out her hand as she announces her person. It's funny!

Have a good weekend everyone. I'll get those vacation posts up soon!

No comments: