Monday, June 22, 2009

So busy!!

Hi everyone. Sorry no new pictures this week. We've had so much going on, I haven't really taken any pictures. It's been a crazy week, so I'll just give you the quick rundown on activities.

They are still doing (and loving) swimming and gymnastics. They are following directions nicely in both and those teachers get them to do things we never could. They love putting their eyes in the water in swimming lessons. They are motivated to go to gymnastics like no other! Then they talk about the whole rest of the day. They really love it. They are hot, sweaty and tired afterward, but I think it's worth it.

Xander got his 1:1 time on Thursday this week, with grandma Pam. I heard they played outside, then made cookies. Will and Grace stayed with me, we went to the library and saw a dancing demonstration from a local dance studio. Then, we met up at Gateway for lunch. Friday, they spent the day with grandma Pam again, as I got to go scrapbooking with some friends. Saturday, more scrapbooking for me. And the kids stayed with daddy all day, then went to the Niebuhrs for a huge Fiedler family gathering. I hear the kids liked playing with older cousins they don't see very often.

Sunday was another busy day, after church and errands, we met the Niebuhrs for Father's Day lunch at Van Dorn Villa with Oma and Opa. Then, it was a quick nap and off to church for bible school. So, this was the kids' first time doing anything like this, and I think they liked it and did a good job. We only got to watch them walk to their classroom, then I didn't see them again until it was over, 2 hours later. They must have enjoyed it, though, because they talked about it all the way home. Their favorite parts were snack (Will's) and making crafts (Xander and Grace's).

When we finally do have some down time, the boys still play with trains every chance they get. They disappear into the basement for hours playing trains. Their other newest favorite activity is computer games. Will and Grace like playing, but Xander loves it and would play for 3 solid hours if I let hime. He is going to have a love affair with video games, just like his dad. The game they're playing lately is a Reader Rabbit game I checked out at the library. It doesn't involve any mouse clicking, only moving the mouse around, which is perfect for them. The academic concepts are very easy, but they still like it. It's easy enough that they can change from game to game easily. The longest stretch I let Xander play is 30 minutes, which is a long time for a 3 year old to do something. Crazy kid!

The activities don't stop after bible school this week. We're having their birthday party on Sunday afternoon. They are getting big bikes from Brian and I, so that will be a huge event with many pictures, I'm sure. They are also taking a little road trip the Niebuhrs next week, more on that later. Hope everyone is staying cool. I'll update more after the kids get back from their adventure with grandma and grandpa on Tuesday.

No comments: