






Here are some pictures from the kids' winter carnival at preschool that was on Friday the 29th. My parents were watching the kids that night, so they went ahead and took them. They ate a dinner of hotdogs (which you can see on Xander's face if you look close enough), played games and did the bounce houses, which they talked about for 2 days afterward. They had a good time! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Hoefs for taking them! If you are wondering what Brian and I were doing that night, we had tickets to a show at the Lied Center and went to dinner before hand. But, it was a special night for us, because it was our 10th anniversary! We can hardly believe it's been 10 years, but it has. Crazy, I know!
Sorry this post has been so late in coming. No excuse really, except I feel like I've been playing catch up for two weeks. I got really behind on things at school with the snowdays, the quarter ending and being sick, plus our house was just a disaster. So, I've spent the last two weeks working like a maniac to catch up and school and take care of everything at the house that needed to get done. I think I'm finally caught up, for the most part, so things are finally calming down. We haven't been all that busy, activity wise, just the normal things. We had a short healthy streak, after our big weeks of illnesses. But, Xander started coughing again last weekend. Of course, being paranoid as I am after his bout of pneumonia, I took him back to the doctor on Tuesday. Turns out it wasn't the pneumonia coming back, it was a totally new cold. He's still coughing and it's a week later. I don't want to be "that" mom, but if it doesn't get better, we'll go back this week again. Xander is on his last chance with Dr. Swisher. He's had just enough problems with his lungs and "reactive airway disease" that if he has one more major problem, he will probably put him on a low dose of Pulmicort, like Will. That tells us that he has just a mild case of asthma, not like Will's severe case. (Which by the way, if pretty under control. He had a good checkup at the asthma doctor last week.) It may be a pain to give both boys medicine everyday, twice a day, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
I am still working on that 4 year old video/update thing I have planned. I WILL do it, hopefully this week. I would really love to get them having a conversation on tape. They have the best conversations now. They ask each other tons of questions and I love hearing their thoughts and ideas. They have even started finishing each others' sentences and having inside jokes. Will will say something funny and Xander will answer something funny and they'll die laughing. I guess that comes from spending every waking minute together! They have also started becoming more imaginative. Grace told me they played pirates at daycare on Friday. When I asked her what they did when they played she told me "Someone was the captain and he said "hoist the sails!" and we said "Aye, aye captain!" Funny! They also speak with so much inflection and body language now. Grace talks with her hands a lot and Will's new thing is to shrug his shoulder, put his hands palm up and say "Whatever". Brian and I die laughing when he does this, which only encourages him more. Will is definitely starting to be the most outgoing of the three. He talks and interacts with more random people now than the other two. He even had a conversation with a nurse at the asthma doctor last week. I was so proud of him! You don't know how long I've hoped they would overcome their shyness. As hard as this might be for you to believe, I was a little shy as a kid and you all know how shy Brian was. So, I'm glad Will is overcoming his genetics.
Look for our 4 year old updates sometime soon and I promise it won't be two weeks between posts again! Take care everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment