For those of you who don't know or haven't guessed, Grace is a little (OK, a huge) drama queen. She frequently screams and cries for small reasons. She regularly freaks about when her sleeves of the t-shirt aren't all the way down inside her sweatshirt. She wipes her hands about 20 times before she decides they're dry. She lines up her shoes and all sorts of other things. I really think that she could be harboring a mild OCD or at least major type A tendencies (I blame the Niebuhrs for that!). So, tonight they were playing in her room when we heard a thud and a scream. Apparently she fell and hit her forehead on the edge of her nightstand. You would have thought the world was ending. She was sobbing and screaming and crying and was so worked up. I got her an ice pack and tried to get her to take deep breaths to calm down. She finally did, but was in a funk for the rest of the night. She barely let me wash her hair in the shower, I had to promise not to touch her forehead. This is the look she gave me when I wanted to take a picture of it. What a drama queen!
Friday, February 26, 2010
Drama queen strikes again
For those of you who don't know or haven't guessed, Grace is a little (OK, a huge) drama queen. She frequently screams and cries for small reasons. She regularly freaks about when her sleeves of the t-shirt aren't all the way down inside her sweatshirt. She wipes her hands about 20 times before she decides they're dry. She lines up her shoes and all sorts of other things. I really think that she could be harboring a mild OCD or at least major type A tendencies (I blame the Niebuhrs for that!). So, tonight they were playing in her room when we heard a thud and a scream. Apparently she fell and hit her forehead on the edge of her nightstand. You would have thought the world was ending. She was sobbing and screaming and crying and was so worked up. I got her an ice pack and tried to get her to take deep breaths to calm down. She finally did, but was in a funk for the rest of the night. She barely let me wash her hair in the shower, I had to promise not to touch her forehead. This is the look she gave me when I wanted to take a picture of it. What a drama queen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment