
Clapping along to "Hail Varsity."
Will, Xander and Grace with Camden (little one) and Carter.Our view of the field from our seats. We were in the west stadium about 3/4 of the way up. There were tons of people. Dale estimated around 20,000. The west stadium was almost entirely full.
On Friday night, we took the kids to Memorial Stadium to watch the Cornhusker Marching Band demonstration. We met my parents at Spaghetti Works beforehand to eat dinner, and I think that was a big of a thrill for the kids as actually going to the football stadium. It was hot, and a long walk from Spaghetti Works to the stadium, but the kids didn't complain too much. This wasn't actually their first time being in the stadium. Grandma and Grandpa Niebuhr took them a couple of years ago when Ameritas (where Dale works) had a party there with hot dogs and bouncy houses, etc. But, like I said, it was a while ago. I doubt they remember it. Anywa, they spent the first 10 minutes in the stadium looking around and asking tons of questions about it. I think they enjoyed the band, the first thing the played was their pregame show. Then, they did some drills and exercises, which wasn't the kids' favorite part, it was a little long. But, then they did their half time stuff for the 1st home game, which was more interesting to watch. You can see from one of the pictures, Grandma and Grandpa Niebuhr were there with cousins Carter and Camden. We didn't sit with them until they came and found us right at the end. That's when I was able to get a couple pictures of all 5 kids. I think the kids had fun listening and Will "liked the tricks they did." It didn't get over until after 8:30, so it was 9:30 by the time they were home and in bed, we had some hot and tired kids by the time we got to the car. But, I think they had a good time and made good first memories of watching something in the stadium.



No comments:
Post a Comment