
A couple pictures from last week. The kids made puppets on their first day of preschool. They came home and instantly got an audience and used Grace's bed as the puppet show stage. I encouraged them to act out "3 little pigs" as their puppet show and they sort of did. They've been very imaginative lately. Their newest game is to shut all the lights off in Grace's room and have a "sleepover". The other thing they're doing is using Grace's room as a "change room". They go into the room as normal humans and come out super heroes. (I guess this is the same as Superman changing in a phone booth!)We're settling into some of our fall routine nicely. The kids are enjoying preschool and I seem to be getting a lot of things done in a timely manner! (Will announces to me every day on the way home from preschool "Mom, I'm hungry. All that learning made me hungry!") Our fall schedule hasn't totally started in, yet. I'll start piano lessons after Labor Day and I've just signed the kids up for another round of swimming lessons starting in mid-September, once a week. I think with all these things, we're going to have a busy, but not crazy fall. I've taken on some additional responsibilities with the multiples club, so that will keep me busy.
With all the gorgeous weather we've had the past week, Brian and the kids have been taking a lot of bike rides. They're doing pretty well on their bikes, Xander has trouble making it up hills and has the occasional spill. Brian gets frustrated with Xander, but like I told him, Xander's the best swimmer, Grace is the best bike rider and Will is the fastest runner. They all have strengths! They're up to riding about 2 miles round trip, which is pretty good! We also spent a nice day at Mahoney park last weekend. We went up in the late afternoon and went to the water park. The kids had a ball. They loved the wave pool, we don't think they'd ever been in one before. Of course, the water slides were big hits and they spent a long time swimming in the regular pool. We ate a picnic and came home late. It was a good time. Hopefully we'll get one or two more times in to swim at the Y before the end of the season. That's about all - not too much to report this week. More next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment