
This is a big deal in our house. The twice daily Pulmicort nebulizer treatments have disappeared!! And in their place, a once daily steroid inhaler. Will has really taken well to it. I think it makes him feel grown up and different from the other two. So now, all he has to do is take 2 puffs before bed (and he's gotten really good and using the right technique so he is actually getting medicine) and that's all. The new inhaler hasn't really changed our bedtime routine at all, we will read 3 stories before going to bed when we would have done the nebulizer. But, it's really made a difference in the mornings. No longer do I have to drag him into the living room, search for the perfect book he wants to read and even make him get dressed and put on his shoes during his treatment. Finished with all that!!! (Can you tell I'm excited?!?!) In October we have another appt and they'll give him his fast acting inhaler (albuterol). That doesn't affect us now, since he's not sick, but the first cold he gets afterwards will be huge. No more in-the-middle-of-the-night-on-the-couch treatments because of his incessant coughing. One or two quick puffs on the fast acting inhaler and we can all go back to getting our much needed sleep!! Sometimes I think they are growing up too fast, but other times, I'm glad for the things they can do now that they're older!!
No comments:
Post a Comment