Friday, April 08, 2011

Fifty Nifty United States!

At one of my schools, we're doing a patriotic concert. I've been teaching my 5th graders 50 Nitfy United States. Over spring break, I was drawing pictures of the states to use for class and the kids were really interested in what I was doing. Several times they asked me to sing the song. I don't know how, but they have picked it up. It's not the whole song, but here is a clip of them singing the states in alphabetical order, the middle of the song. They really aren't singing with a tune, that tune is really hard, too hard really for 5 year olds. They can sort of sing the tune if I'm singing, but, I didn't sing with them on tape. They have memorized the order of states, though. Kind of great for 5 year olds! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Chad and Lisa said...

I thought they got the tune down pretty darn good for 5 year olds. I was expecting to hear almost no tune but I heard it a decent amount. They sure are smart kids! I really like Will's emphasis on some of the states.