Sorry, no pictures to share this week. I should have several to share next week, as we will have some events to photograph this weekend.
It finally feels like spring and our spring activities are getting underway. April is going to be a busy month! The boys started lessons at the Y on Thursday, and Grace had her usual dance class. I enrolled Will in more swimming lessons, by himself. And Xander is taking an art class. I got the feeling he was pretty quiet, but did the activities and I heard he had fun playing "Duck, duck, goose" as a filler activity at the end of the class. I think he digs doing something by himself, that is only his. Will also really enjoyed his swimming lessons, and was more excited than usual. Again, I think it's because he is by himself.
All the kids start soccer this week. The boys have their first practice/game tomorrow (Saturday) and Grace's is on Monday. The boys ended up being on the same team, which we didn't really want. So, I hope it all works out.Cross your fingers. Grace plays on Monday evenings, which is bad because I teach piano lessons and won't be able to see her. My mom is going to have to take her and Brian will have to go pick her up, it's kind of a scheduling mess. Plus, I can't cancel any of my lessons in April to go see her, because my recital is coming up in early May. I may cancel one day in May and hopefully catch one of her last 2 games. They're all really excited about playing, I hope they have fun!
The kids had an eye doctor appointment earlier this week. It was partly to get that portion of their physical for kindergarten done, and partially as a follow-up from their NICU days. That is the 3rd time we've been to this doctor, once at 6 months old and once at 3 years old. He's a nice older man, very good with kids. They all have really good eyesight, no problems to speak of. They all see at 20/30, which is considered normal at this age. He doesn't seen any evidence of any eye problems related to being preemies. He also doesn't think any of them will ever need glasses, unless their eyes keep growing and they become near sighted as they age. That is all good news, since I don't really want to deal with glasses and kids. There will be no nerdy pictures of kindergarteners with thick glasses (Brian!) in our house!! :-)
With the nice weather comes much play outside time. I love the nice days that I can send them out and I will not hear a peep from them for an hour or more. They LOVE making up huge games on the swing set and spend forever pretending elaborate plots (example, Xander is Diego, Will is baby Jaguar and Grace is Alicia and they are animal rescuers. The swing set is the animal rescue center.) It's very involved. I like it, though because they need the fresh air and exercise. It was a long winter and a not very warm spring so far!
So, that's about it for our news. Here's hoping the weather stays warm and dry and we get to enjoy being outside again! Thanks for looking!
Friday, April 01, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please include Brian's kindergarten picture in the next post.
Post a Comment