Monday, July 04, 2011

Grace at 5 1/2

Here is a picture of Grace at her birthday party luau. Let me tell you a few things about the 5-and-1/2-year-old-about-to-go-to-kindergarten Grace......

She is very smart, sometimes she uses it for good, sometimes she uses it for evil! (By evil, I mean doing sneakily ornery things and trying not to get caught). She's a little bossy (hmmmm, I wonder where that comes from) and likes to tell people what to do, but also can be mothering and nuturing. She's strong-willed and confident (have you ever seen her walk? She does it with purpose!) However, she can be so loving and affectionate when the mood strikes her. She can read at a kindergarten level, so she's a little ahead of the game. Is pretty naturally talented at piano and is excelling quickly. I think she will enjoy school and really develop her individuality away from the boys. Doesn't really love playing with girly things (barbies and princesses), but will play cars and superheroes with the boys. Is tall and skinny, very coordinated and hates having her hair brushed. Happy half birthday, silly girl. We love you so much!

No comments: