Here are some pictures I took at the boys' second to last t-ball game last Sunday. It was a billion degress outside, and they even had the game in the evening! I don't even want to think about how hot it would have been during the afternoon! They are doing a great job playing t-ball. They're starting to get the hang of the bat and running the bases. Throwing and catching is another matter entirely. So is fielding. But, they're enthusiastic, and that's what counts.
Once t-ball ends, we're finally done with all our summer activities. They went to two week of day camps, a week of bible school, and two weeks of swimming lessons everyday. It's nice to finally have some non-busy days. Consequently we've spent a lot of time at the pool this week! And a good thing too. It's been so hot!!! I do think they enjoyed every activity we put them in this summer. They did marvelously at swimming lessons! Xander and Grace took the next higher level and Will gave it one more try on his beginning level. Glad to say that Will finally passed that level! I think really all it took was him getting super comfortable in the water, putting his head under and jumping in voluntarily. He has come a long way swimming this summer. Xander, the little fish that he is, passed the higher level on his first try. He loves to swim, and you should see him go! Grace didn't quite pass the higher level, she'll repeat it, but she's also doing well. I think I am going to hold off on another round of lessons until this winter. They start soccer in late August, plus with piano lessons and getting adjusted to school, I didn't think they needed another thing to do. And speaking of piano lessons, we took some time off from practicing early in the summer when we were busy, but I'm proud to say we've gotten back into it regularly. The kids are making great strides. They're halfway through Suzuki Book 1 and 3/4 of the way through their primer method book. I'll get some video maybe yet this summer to post for you to see the improvement. That's about all our news for this week. Hope everyone is staying cool in this ridiculously hot weather!







No comments:
Post a Comment