Monday, February 27, 2012

Basketball







These aren't the best pictures, but here are a few action shots of the boys at basketball. They had a little 4 week clinic of skills at East High. Yesterday, they actually played a little 3 on 3 game. It was pretty funny, they really didn't have a clue what was going on. I don't think Xander enjoyed himself very much because he told us he didn't want to play basketball anymore. Will really liked it and I think may want to do it again in the future. Xander has also said he doesn't want to play t-ball this summer. I signed up Will and Grace and we'll see if he changes his mind. Xander actually told me he didn't like sports and didn't want to do them anymore. I told him he was already signed up for soccer starting in March and he said "Oh yeah, I like soccer." So, I think we'll be able to talk him into a few sports. Speaking of soccer, they start in late March. We've already gotten the boys' information in the mail and I think Brian is going to be their coach! No one has volunteered yet, and after the bad experience we had last spring, I think he'll do it. I'll keep you posted on that.

I have conferences with the kids' teachers next week, so I am looking forward to hearing about what they are doing in school. Although, I know a great deal since i am there once a week to volunteer. I do know that Will and Grace are doing very well in reading, Will especially. Will is reading at a 2nd grade level now, and Grace isn't far behind! Xander is doing well also, still reading above grade level, too. Their teachers are really pleased with their success. I'll give you more info after the conferences next week.

And speaking of well, we seemed to have turned a corner in piano and they aren't fighting me as much lately and are really going ahead full-steam! I think one thing that may have helped is that we chose recital songs for my piano recital in April and they are VERY excited about them. They play them every chance they get. Also, I think it's getting a little easier, so they're more willing to practice. Whatever the reason, I'm glad. It makes for a less stressed mama!

Well, that's all for now. I'll try to take some actual pictures soon, it's been a while! More later!

No comments: