Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Busy, Busy!

Sorry I have not posted since we've been back from vacation. As I'm sure I've mentioned, I started a graduate class at UNL, and boy is it a lot of work! A whole semester worth of work crammed into 5 weeks. I have class everyday from 9:15 - 10:50, so it requires a lot of babysitting. I am halfway through it and most of the work is winding down, but it has been a crazy three weeks.  Huge kudos to Grandmas Ellen and Pam who have been doing a lot of babysitting as I try to get all the work done for this class.

Here is what the kids have been up to since we've been back from vacation....

The week we got home, my mom enrolled the kids in golf lessons at Firethorn for 3 days. She took them and they really liked it! It was also good for me, because they were there while I was in class. I think we have future golfers on our hands. T-ball also started right when we got back. They have one practice each week and one game on the weekends. It has been hot, but they're troopers. I think they're finally starting to get the feel of the game. Grace fielded a grounder and tagged a runner out at 2nd at her last game. Xander is a good hitter and Will is quick on the infield. They play through late July, and I have some pictures I will get posted of that, soon.

Grace started dance at Club Kicks and really likes it. It's a combination jazz, tap and ballet class. So, she gets a little of each in every class. It's a class for 5-6 year olds, and she's a year older than all the rest of the kids, plus a head taller. I've been watching her through the window during class. Her little type-A self makes very quick and efficient dance movements, but it's not very flowing. She'll have to work on that!

Last week the kids were at bible school at our church every morning, and this week they've been at a day camp at the YMCA. This is a similar camp to the one they did the previous two year, they spend the day at a park going on nature walks, playing games, fishing and more. It's been hot this week, and they've come home sweaty, red faced and exhausted. Adding t-ball practice, dance class and swimming lessons on in the late afternoon/evening has made for some exhausted kids at the end of the days. We have been swimming a number of times at some outdoor pools, I look forward to having more time for fun things when this class ends on July 6th.

I will have lots of pictures to post after this weekend. The kids are having their first birthday party for friends on Saturday at the Y. We're having a bounce house and lots of friends from kindergarten coming. I'll post pictures later next week! Thanks for looking in on us!

No comments: