Monday, June 11, 2012

Saturday, June 2

So, I'm not sure why this post didn't show up in the right order. All my day posts are out of order, so you can either read them in mixed-up order or scroll around to find the correct days. Or, don't read them at all, because they are a little long. As I always say, though, I do this for not only you all, but my recollection later, too. It was a nice vacation though, and I got some good pictures! Sorry things are out of order, though!

Even though we were a little tired from the night before, we got up early on Saturday and hit the road for a morning matinee of the Wizard of Oz at a Children's theater in a suburb. It was a long drive, about an hour, but the production was nice and I think the kids liked it.

A picture with all 5 kids. Will, Grace, Xander, Caden and Cole (Denise's 2 oldest).

 After the show was over, we drove about 15 minutes away to a place called the Morton Arboretum. It's a huge (about 1700 acres) botanical garden place right in the middle of the suburbs. It was kind of cool. We had a great time in the children's gardens and the maze. Plus, it was a gorgeous day!








 This is one of the coolest parts of the arboretum, the maze. If you went down a certain path, you could get to this tower where you could see the whole maze. The kids had fun running through it with Brian.
We left the Arboretum about 3 that afternoon and drove the hour back to Denise's house. The car ride was a nice quiet break! When we got back, we gave all the kids a shower and got them in their jammies, because all the parents were going out! Denise called her babysitter and she and a friend came over to watch all 6 kids so we could go out. We had the kids eating dinner when the babysitters got there and then I think they just watched movies (which was fine, because they were exhausted from all the vacationing!). We got home around 9:15 and all the kids were still awake, but barely. We put them to bed and then the adults watched a movie. It really was a fun night!

No comments: