A few before school pictures.
And a few after school pictures in front of the Cavett sign. Xander was in a pretty bad mood here, if you can't tell. I think he was just tired and got himself into a funk he took the rest of the day to get out of!!
So, today was the first day of 1st grade! The kids were up right away (we set their alarm clocks, we haven't done that much this summer!) and they got ready in good time. Since it was also my first day with students at my new school, I left a little earlier than normal to get things all ready. Brian took pictures before school and walked them up there. I also walked up and picked them up this afternoon. Eventually, the goal is for them to walk to and from school alone. We picked a place where they can meet after school to walk home together with a few neighbor kids, too.
By all reports they had a good day. They enjoyed specials (PE, computer, music, art and science) a lot today. They recognized lots of people from last year, which was fun for them. They came home with one little worksheet that took about 30 seconds to do, so that was all no problem. I think it will be a great year, we'll keep you posted about that, though!











1 comment:
where are you working now? still miss you at Zeman!
Post a Comment