Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Weekend Getaway

Brian's cousin Patrick got married in Ames, IA in September. We went there for the weekend. We drove up on Saturday morning, the wedding was in the late afternoon. The kids had a great time drinking Shirley Temples and dancing at the reception (and they stayed up waaaaay too late). We let them swim the next morning, went to brunch and then took off for home. On the way back we stopped at Carol Joy Holling camp in Ashland, which is a Lutheran summer camp. They had a fall festival. We mostly went so Brian and I could check it out, because we're considering sending the kids there for a week this summer. They had crafts, s'mores, and the like. The boys waited in line for 2 hours to do a zip line. Grace and I did crafts and took a hayrack ride/tour of the grounds during that time. It is a fun place, I think they would enjoy going there!

The only two pictures I took at the wedding. The top is Ellen, her mom, Patricia and my kids. The bottom, all the cousins.


A couple pictures of the boys doing the zipline. This was a real zipline, and they loved it. It made the 2 hour wait totally worthwhile!





No comments: