Sunday, October 19, 2014

Husker experiences

OK - A thousand apologies for not posting in a month and a half. No excuses really, except I just forgot! I will attempt now to update you on our fall with many pictures and minimal words...

Early in the season, Grandma Ellen invited Will to a Husker volleyball game - they have season tickets.


That's not a great picture of Will, but he had a good time!

A few weeks later, on a Saturday morning. Brian and I were wondering out loud if the football tickets to McNeese state would be cheaper the morning of. We ended up looking on StubHub and he decided at the last minute to take the boys to the football game (Grace had a soccer game and couldn't go).




Their seats were in the west stadium, under the over-hang, so they were in the shade! They got to eat hot dogs and snacks and had a great time. Grandma Ellen went with them. 

Not to be left out, we got tickets to the Illinois game from Curt and Renee, so Grace and I were able to go. Unfortunately, the start time for that game was 8pm. Needless to say, she didn't make it much past half time and was ready to go home and go to bed. Since it was a night game, I had Brian drop us off and pick us up (that is definitely the way to navigate downtown during games). Here are some pictures from Grace and I's football game experience.






This was our view of the "Fear Ameer" by the band. We couldn't see it very well, the view from the big screen was better! 

Grace and Xander also got their chance at a Husker volleyball game this past weekend - pictures on that to come!

Thanks to everyone who gave us tickets so the kids could experience Husker games for the first time. I know I always enjoy them!


No comments: