Their Boy Scout pack decided not do to a fall camp-out like they have done in the past, so Brian decided to take the kids camping on his own. He bought some new gear (portable grill, water jug, etc) and they packed up and off they went to Branched Oak. They spent the afternoon putting up the tent, then they went geocaching. That is pretty much a treasure hunt using GPS and an app on your phone. People hide the caches wherever they want to, then enter the GPS coordinates on this website and you can try to find the ones close to you. Sounds like they had luck finding several! They did lots of hiking and walking. They played some yard games, grilled hot dogs for dinner and tried to see the moon out of our telescope, but since it was so late rising they didn't stay up for it very long. They had a good time! Luckily, the weather cooperated for them, fairly warm and no rain!
I ended up staying home and giving our house and laundry the attention it needed. I did a lot of laundry and a LOT of cleaning. I did go out with some girlfriends for dinner, but otherwise, I mostly worked!







No comments:
Post a Comment