Sunday, November 02, 2014

An internet lesson learned

Here is my original picture from October 2010. 



This is from our trunk or treat from the multiples club, 2010!. I thought it turned out to be a pretty cute trunk. There were also some pictures of the kids - see the original post here.  Well, a few weeks ago, a friend of mine (also doing a  Toy Story theme for her trunk or treat) offhandedly mentioned how she saw my trunk on Pinterest. What?? I went home and searched "Toy story trunk or treat" on Pinterest and sure enough, pinned a ton of times was this very picture of my trunk. I believe the only place I ever posted these pictures was on THIS blog, which has always been private or only people with the link could see it. Scarily enough, you can see this picture (and several others of the kids) if you Google "toy story trunk or treat". You can also see it herehere and here. Also on Pinterest, if you search far enough down, you will see a pin that will link DIRECTLY to this blog and that original post from 2010. Jeez! I mean what a perfect lesson in how fast and far a picture can travel without your knowledge. I thought only a handful of people ever saw this blog, but it just takes one person linking to it and it can go on and on and you'll never be able to stop it. I am flattered that my humble little trunk is showing up on lists of cute trunk ideas, (I haven't really come up with any spectacular ones since this one) but it is scary!

No comments: