Thursday, January 10, 2008

2 years old!





Happy Birthday to Will, Xander and Grace! The triplets are 2 years old, and no one can believe it. Two years has flown by so fast (although some days it feels like it's been 8 years!) We had a small celebration with cake and ice cream, saving the big celebration for July, as I have mentioned before. They didn't quite know what to do with the candle, as you can see from the pictures. But, they enjoyed having Happy birthday sung to them (we sang it three times, one for each.) They INHALED the cake and prmptly asked for more. They didn't want cookies or anything else, it had to be cake. Luckily, ice cream also hit the spot. They were in a good mood that night, despite the looks on their faces in the pictures (do I say that a lot?) and I think they enjoyed their little party. They also can sort of say "happy birthday" it comes out "happy bo". Close enough!
We have not been sick this week, luckily. Tuesday, Will did take an extra trip to the doctor for what else, wheezing. He is back on inhaled steroids, the kind that gave us the "devil-child" last summer. So, we will monitor side effects carefully and hope that his increased size and age will prevent that. So far, not really any change in his behavior, but it's only been 3 days. Wednesday, all three went to the doctor for their 2 year checkup. No shots, and everyone is doing well. Will weighed a whopping 30 lbs even, and was 34" tall. Xander was 28 1/2 lbs and also 34" tall, Grace was a small 24 lbs (2oth percentile) and 33 1/2" tall. But, as small as Grace is, he was pleased with her weight gain in relation to her height gain and given how much she eats (a lot) he thinks she is just going to be someone who is tall and skinny. No other huge news to report from the doctor, he thinks they're doing great.
Today (Thursday) started our toddler class at the Children's museum. It was a fun time. There were lots of activities to do, including painting, reading, playing with animals and flashcards, and even playing in a ball pit. They enjoyed themselves, and next week, we will stay and play at the museum afterwards. It is also neat that I know two other moms and their boys in the class. It's nice to see familiar faces and hopefully the kids will eventually play together. It will be a good use of our time.
They're getting pictures taken on Friday, so I decided I would post individual pictures of each with a short description of them at two years old, likes, dislikes, quirks, abilities, etc. I realized that posting on this blog is great for posterity. Not only can I share with you all what the triplets have been up to, I can also look back on the posts and remember what has happened and when it happened. So, I'll give you an idea of what each one is like individually, and then I'll have a great post to remember things to scrapbook about later on. Look for that sometime early next week. Take care.

No comments: