Monday, June 02, 2008

A fun day at Kara's house



The rest of our week was not much to speak of, we just did the regular things. But, we did have a fun Sunday evening at Kara's house. Their neighbor has chickens, so we went over to see the new chicks. They also have a new litter of kittens, so we got to pet the new little kitties. Boy were they cute. The kids were fascinated by all the animals, as you can see from the pictures. They were even pretty good around Kara and Wes' dog, Jack. He's a gigantic black lab, but is very nice. They even got close to pet him and no one cried. We're making progress in the dog department, I think. Also, you can see from the pictures that they ate corn on the cob for the first time. At first, they weren't sure what to think of it, but they figured it out and I think they liked it. They do like corn, so I think they will always enjoy it on the cob, too.

Since the weather has been pretty stormy lately, we haven't done much or gone a lot of places. We did hit the park once this week, had some outside time, went to church a couple of times and lots of time at grandparents house. Brian and I got a nice evening out on Saturday, we even saw a movie!!! I'm glad to report sleeping without pacifiers is getting better. They have had several good nights in a row, and even if they do wake up crying, they figure it out and stop crying in only a few seconds. Naptimes are getting a little better, although they are still taking a while to fall asleep. Grace and Xander have woken up screaming during nap the last couple of days, I think they really relied on their pacficiers during naps and the change is hard. They still love their "night-night" toys so that is good.

Not much else to report this week, as I said before, it was a non-eventful week. We hope everyone is surviving the crazy stormy weather and we'll post more stories next week. Take care.

No comments: