Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our week
















Well, it has been a nice week. We're glad for the nice weather. We had a good weekend of lots of outside playing time. On Thursday, Curt went with us to the zoo. A good time was had by all! The zoo wasn't very crowded, so we were able to go wherever we wanted at our own pace. We spent a long time in the butterfly pavilion and got to touch butterflies. We also spent a while in the bug room, where Xander touched a Madagascar hissing cockroach and a hermit crab. Interesting! The kids were very interested in the animals and I think learned a lot.
On Friday, we spent a lot of time playing outside in the beautiful weather. We met daddy at McDonalds for dinner, then went to the park. It's nice to have park playing time with daddy there. Saturday we did lot of housework during the day, and ate dinner with Aunt Kara at home. Sunday was church all morning and a picnic and trip to another park for dinner.
Monday was an interesting day. It was the first day of swimming lessons. The time of day of the lessons isn't great. They start at 4:00, which is a little early. I had to wake them up from their nap to get there on time. I had a feeling that would cause some problems from being tired, and I was right. We got off to a rocky start during the first half hour of the lesson. A lot of screaming and scared kids. But, by the end, they all three had warmed up to the pool and people and were playing, blowing bubbles and letting us float them. I hope the lessons tomorrow start smoother and they will warm up more quickly so they can actually learn something.
A few funny stories about Will and Xander. Will constantly amazes us with his ability to extrapolate and put knowledge he has learned to work in new situations. They were at my mom's house and Grace was opening a baggie and accidentally ripped it. My mom said "Well, I think we'll have to go and get a new one." and will announced "Super Target!" He knew that you could get new baggies at SuperTarget. Also the other day, he sat down on the lego bucket, said "I go potty. pssssssss. All done!" And got up and walked away. I just about died laughing. (Brian says they were pretending to make the people go potty in the little people doll house.)
The other funny story is about Xander. We had gone to Blockbuster on Saturday night. When we left the store, Will was carrying my receipt and Xander was carrying the movie. When we were walking into the house Brian said "Will, put the receipt in the trash. Xander, put the movie on the counter." So, after they had gone to bed, we went to watch the movie and we couldn't find it. We were turning the kitchen and living room upside down to find it and couldn't. Brian went into their room and asked Xander "Where did you put the movie?" Xander said "Movie all gone." Brian yells to me, "look in the trash." And sure enough, the movie was in the trash. He must have just followed Will's actions. But, we were amazed that he remembered what he did with it!
I think that's about it for now. We have another sort of busy week planned, but it should be fun if the weather doesn't turn hot or rainy. Today is a gorgeous day and we played outside all morning and had another picnic. They love eating outside, something new I guess!

No comments: