First of all, let me apologize for no new pictures other's than the Father's Day ones. I do have some pictures from swimming lessons that we took with an underwater camera, but I have to actually take those in to get developed, so it may be a little bit until those are posted.
And speaking of swimming lessons, they are going well. They're starting to get comfortable in the water and with the YMCA. They are letting us doing things with them, like float them on their backs and tummies, put life belts around them and float them. They all are jumping from the side into the water with someone cathing them and putting their face in to blow bubbles. No heads underwater yet. I don't even know if they do that during this particular phase of lessons.
Our other big news this week is about poor Will, again. He seems to get the short end of the straw when it comes to health related issues. He went for a check-up at the asthma doctor on Tues and all looked good. We are continuing on his low dose of Pulmicort (steroids) for now, upping the dose when cold season comes back. He said his lungs sounded good. However, Tues night he started coughing and by Wed morning had a really nasty, barking kind of cough. It wasn't like any asthma cough I recognized. It started getting really bad around noon, so I called the doctor. They had me bring him in later that afternoon (he missed swimming lessons) and it turns out that he has croup. So, now he's on oral steroids and he sounds pretty bad. He isn't super sick otherwise, just a small runny nose and small fever. But you could tell when we were at the doctor that he was having trouble breathing. His tummy was going in and out just to breathe, and he was sucking air audibly through his throat (he sounded like Darth Vader). His oxygen levels were a little low (94/100). So, they're being aggressive with his treatment, considering his history of breathing troubles. The poor kid never seems to catch a break, but he's an angel at the doctor's offices. I hope a good night's sleep and a low key day tomorrow will help him mend.
The other two are doing well. They all 3 are still talking up a storm, being very conversational with adults and with each other. It's funny to hear them talk to each other. Their conversations are very simple, but real. They just say things like, Will: "Here you go, Xander." "Thank you, Will." "OK, Xander." "My tower!" "Xander tower!" (Will is the one who usually uses names that frequently.) Grace gives us a play by play of everything that she does during the day. The other day she was eating a fruit salad and she announced the fruit she was going to eat. "I eat watermelon!" "I eat cantaloupe!" "I found blueberry!" You get the idea. (She did this EVERY BITE!!!) They have always enjoyed building towers with Legos, but this has become a particularly fascinating activity lately. It seems almost all they do at home is build lego towers.
We've been enjoying the mild June weather with several trips to the park this week. Brian and I took them swimming at Star City Shores on Saturday night. I think they had fun, even though the water was cool.
I think that is about all. I'll try and get some swimming pictures up soon. Later!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment