Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Indoor playground fun!

Indoor Playground

Since it was raining this morning and the kids needed to get out of the house, I decided to take them to the indoor playground. We don't go there a lot, it's a little expensive, but it's great fun. They have a ton of different things to play with, even though kids under 3 can't play on everything they have. The kids love to ride the cozy coupe cars, play on the slides and they have a gigantic firetruck and camper which are also fun. You have to "fred flintstone" the cozy coupes, and they are getting pretty good at doing that and steering around the indoor track. Today they had fun driving the cars through this little tunnel and sticking their heads up through a hole in the middle of it.

Will is getting better from his bout with the croup. Xander also cought some sort of virus, but it wasn't croup. He had a couple of feverish days with some coughing, but after a couple of long nights sleep (he slept until 8:30 this morning!) and long naps, he is mending. Grace hasn't caught anything yet. They spent Friday night with Dale and Ellen and got spoiled. They ate dinner at McDonald's, played at the Children's museum and played outside. Sunday, we had church, then Kara and Wes came over for a picnic, complete with homemade ice cream. Yummy!

They've started using two new words that I think are funny. They say "probably" and "already" and usually in the right context. Grace has started saying things like "It's probably mine, mommy." I heard Will say "I already did it." and "Mommy take shower already." They sound so grown up when they say things like that! Will has a little bag my mom must have gotten from ladies golf, because it has the word "swing" on it. Will looked it and said "S-W-I-N-G swing!" this morning. I know I had told him what it said, but he spelled it on his own.

Swimming is going well. Tomorrow is our last lesson. They are all great at jumping off the sides and floating. They all allow themselves to float with a life belt in deeper water with just someone holding their hands. Yesterday, we were sticking heads under the water. Grace did it twice and was MAD about it both times. Will wouldn't do it (he was really cold in the water that day, and spent most of the lesson shivering). Xander's toy was on the bottom of the pool and he held on to the side, stuck his head under water and picked it up. So, that was a good step forward. I'm hoping we can go swimming a lot more this summer and they will get more comfortable in the water. I don't know when we'll do lessons again, but it is definitely worth repeating this class.

We are currently in the middle of fixing the basement bedroom to be a playroom for the kids. It is part of their (half) birthday present from Brian and I. We are commencing painting this week with the goal of being done by their (half) birthday party on the 6th. I'll post some "after" pictures of it when we're done. I think it will turn out neat! More next week, thanks for looking!

No comments: