Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Christmas Wish

In my last post I mentioned that I had some exciting news about my friend Susan Otte and her daughter Quinn. Well, the news is that I wrote a Christmas Wish for Susan to the radion station B107.3 and today, they granted my wish for her! If you have ever heard the wishes, they choose people who have had difficulties or struggles and give them some things to help them through holidays and tough times. Most of you know about Susan's daughter, Quinn, with the disabilities. You may also remember I mentioned how Susan's husband had a heart attack on Christmas Day last year. Needless to say, it's been a tough year for them, Susan in particular. I wished for them to help Susan give her family a nice Christmas, and to give Susan a little "me" time. We ambushed Susan at a fake staff meeting at Zeman this afternoon.

As luck would have it, Quinn's babysitter, Virginia, also wrote a wish. So, they had us both talk about how positive and unfailing Susan is. They asked some questions and then gave Susan some wonderful things. The edited version will air on B107.3 on Friday at 7:15, 10:15, 2:15 and 6:15. For people outside the Lincoln area, or if you missed it, click here after Friday morning and you can hear it on the B107.3 website. So, Merry Christmas Susan. You deserve all the happiness in the world and I hope you enjoy your wish.

No comments: