![]() |
| Thanksgiving 2008 |
Brace yourself, there's a lot of pictures!
So, our Thanksgiving weekend was really good. We got to spread out the family gatherings. That was good from the standpoint that we got to spend more time at each grandparent's house without rushing to get somewhere else. The bad part was that it meant we were eating ALL weekend.
Thursday we celebrated with the Niebuhrs. We ate a noon turkey dinner, then the kids took a nap there while the adults played cards, napped or read. Thursday night, some family friends were in town, so we had a light dinner with them at my mom's house. The kids were pretty tired by the time we got home. So was I!
Friday, the kids went to my mom's house for pie making. I don't know if this will be an annual thing or not. I heard there was dough throwing involved. While the kids were gone, Brian and I did a little shopping, cleaning and I started putting out the Christmas decorations. Friday evening, after the football game, we picked up the kids, and met mom, dad, Kara and Wes at Valentino's for more eating.
Saturday, we put up more Christmas decorations and just hung around the house. Brian went to Home Depot and got the things he is using to make the kids a Thomas the Train table for Christmas. Saturday evening was Thanksgiving at my mom's house. We had another great turkey dinner, then watched Wes, Nick and daddy roughhouse the kids for about an hour. Boy were they wound up (the kids and the guys!) After a bath and jammies, it was home and straight to bed. Sunday was another busy day. After morning church, we got home and tried to do some chores, but it was back to church at 4:30 for a dress rehearsal and 7:00 concert. We got home around 9:00 and literally collapsed. Yesterday I wasn't too tired, but boy am I feeling it today. I think the kids were too. They were pretty grumpy today.
And speaking of grumpy, Our poor Will is back on oral steroids and boy does he really turn into a grumpy gus. He just never got rid of the cough he developed with his cold two weeks ago. So, finally I called the asthma doctor on Monday morning and got him in. It seems the high dose of inhaled steroids (Pulmicort) he's on is barely doing its job. If he needs oral steroids once more, we will be moving up his dose of inhaled steroids. And, apparently with that super high dose, they start worrying about long term side effects. So, that is not good. His asthma really is "severe persistent" as they labeled it.
Grace finally got over her cold and broke out of her grumpy phase. It's sure nice to have our lovable Grace back. Xander was pretty sick on Tuesday of last week, and getting worse. So, to the pediatrician he went on Wednesday morning. Turns out he had an ear infection and sinus infection. So, he had a dose of antibiotics. He's better now and we're glad about that. So, all in all, we're on the mend, finally. Now that they're finally healthy, we can start getting out again. But, that means they'll probably pick something up at one of those places and the cycle will start over again.
I'll try to update next week with some funny stories or things they've done. I can't really think of any right now. But, do know the potty training is going very well! Since it was such a busy weekend, a lot of people other people were around and I didn't spend a lot of time just sitting and playing with them. So, have a good week everyone and more next week.

No comments:
Post a Comment