Monday, December 15, 2008

A visit with Santa







Here are the pictures from the Multiples Club christmas party on Sunday. We had a family picture taken, then later in the evening, Santa and Mrs. Clause showed up. We had been telling them all week about how they could see Santa and what they would tell him they wanted for Christmas. They willingly sat on his lap, in fact, Will tried to cut in line to get there faster. They all told him what they wanted, but I'm not sure he could hear/understand them, because after each one he just said "well, I think that's a great present!" Santa was very friendly and they got a treat bag afterwards. It was nice, overall.

We have been busy these days! Normally we don't have this much going on, but the holidays this year seem busier than usual. Last week, we had some outings to the library and lunch at church. Thursday we took the kids out for pizza, which started a 4 night eating out string for Brian and I (which is very unusual for us, we don't ever eat out that often). Friday night, Dale and Ellen watched the triplets and Carter at our house while we went to a play with some friends, then came back to our house for dessert. Saturday was a busy day, too. We went to a birthday party for my art teacher friend Susan's daughter Quinn. You may remember me referencing Susan and her situation in a previous post. (I also have exciting news about something to do with Susan and Quinn, but I can tell you until after Tuesday. Check back in a later post for more info). So, we met Susan and some other people at the Children's museum in the morning for some playing, then we had lunch and birthday cake at Arbys. The kids had a good time, but were very tired when we got home. They took a nap, then we went to Firethorn again for my dad's office Christmas party. We got home a little late, but had to wake them up early Sunday morning for early church. Sunday they took a much needed early nap, but still had to be woken up to get back to church for the afore-mentioned multiples club Christmas party. They slept great Sunday night, until around 8 Monday morning!

Unfortunately, they are also fighting off small colds, which is not helping the tired factor. Will's cough is acting up again. He was wheezing and retracting quite a little bit yesterday. I don't think I'll let the cough go on as long this time as I did last time. If he's not better by Friday, we're going in to the doctor. Grace seems like she's getting hers pretty quickly. You can tell from Xander's picture with Santa that his little nose is red and sore from all the wiping and snot. I think it should be short lived, though.

This week should be a little less busy, but we are equally as busy next weekend with some family things and a concert at church. I'll post more about that next week. For now, everyone stay warm and check back on Wednesday or Thursday for my exciting news about Susan.

No comments: