Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Gymnastics



























































Here are some pictures of them at gymnastics last Wednesday. It was parent visitation week, so grandma and grandpa Niebuhr went with me and Ellen took all these pictures while I videotaped from the balcony. The pictures are pretty self explanatory. They are doing things like the balance beam, trampolines, somersaults, "hand stands" against a big mat, barrel walk, doing the "spider walk" across the parallel bars. You can also see Will and Grace hanging on the uneven bars while Xander does a flip over the wedge mat. Apparently that particular move is a precursor to doing a front handspring, we'll see about that one! This class has been really great for them. I was pretty surprised at what they were able to do on that equipment. All the activities are very age appropriate and they are constantly moving, no naughty 3 year old behavior! They really like it. Today after I picked them up, Xander infomed me that he did "seated drops" on the trampoline. He even has the lingo!

The kids have finished swimming lessons, with very good progress reports. The teacher thought both Xander and Grace were almost ready for the next level, which means they did better than I had anticipated. Will also got a good report, he just needed to work on arm coordination more. They really are enjoying swimming. We've been several times lately, and they have fun jumping in, and even are putting their heads underwater for brief seconds. They're definitely less afraid of the water than they used to be. We've been enjoying using the outdoor pool at Madonna ProActive.

The boys had a good run of waking up dry in the mornings last week, so we had been letting them both sleep in underwear. Well, the good run is over and I've been doing 2 loads of sheets everyday for the last 5 days. So, we've gone back to pull-ups, with the intention of trying again in a couple of weeks and see if anything has changed. It is frustrating that they're waking up wet, because they have started getting into the habit of getting out of bed and going to the bathroom. Will gets up and goes at least once a night, usually around 10:00 and later. But, he always wakes up wet, so we don't know what to do. Grace has also been waking up to use the bathroom, although she doesn't always get up by herself. Sometimes she lays in her bed and cries "I have to go potty!" until I yell from my room "Grace, get up and go!" Then she does and everything is fine.
I'll update more with other news and 4th of July pictures later this week. Thanks for looking!

No comments: