Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sorry so late!

Sorry this post is so late in coming. My only real excuse is that the class I took for these last two weeks pretty much dominated everything. We had early mornings, some days I took them to a grandma's house and they hadn't eaten breakfast or brushed teeth (we did manage to get them dressed, at least!) The kids had busy, fun-filled days with the grandmas, and a couple of afternoons with the babysitter, Audrey. Our evenings were spent playing around at home, while I tried to get my homework and practicing done. That was our schedule for two solid weeks. I am so glad the class is finally done and I have three more graduate credits to my name!

Both sets of grandparents did lots of fun things with the kids these last two weeks. Most notably are the trip to Fremont, last Saturday, with the Hoefs to see.........Thomas the Train! A real, life-sized Thomas that they got to ride on and everything. I hear it was a good time. They came back with some Thomas toys, t-shirts and pictures. The only dark spot of the day was that Xander was sick and Will was starting to get sick. So, in addition to being tired, they were a little crabby. A lot crabby actually. Sunday was a rough day. They really misbehaved during church and embarrassed us. Of course, when the kids misbehave, it causes Brian and I stress, then we start fighting. A bad day overall! They started to feel better by the end of the week, but of course, then I picked up the cold. It was pretty bad timing, too, since I couldn't really stat at home to rest or stay away from other people. I was pretty sick, too, especially Wednesday. I am only finally starting to get over it today. Summer colds are the worst! Will still has a lingering cough, but a few more days and it should be gone. Luckily the albuterol got us through it, with no trips to the doctor.

The kids got to meet Clifford the Big Red Dog twice this week. Once on Thursday afternoon at the library, then at the bookstore on Friday. They had fun listening to Clifford stories and making big red dog ears. I'll post pictures of that as soon as I get them.

Xander has been doing a great job waking up dry in the mornings. We've put the boys back in pull-ups, but thankfully Xander has woken up with a dry pull-up everyday for the last week. I am very happy about that! Will has dry mornings here and there, but still needs the pull-ups.

Xander is now obsessing about how he is taller than the other two. He talks about it a lot. In fact, Dale and ellen overheard this at the museum: Will: "When I grow up, I'm going to be a fire fighter." Xander: "When I grow up, I'm going to be a taller fire fighter." Crazy kid!!

That is really all the news I have. Sad, since I haven't posted in a week and a half, but then again, I haven't spent all that much time with the kids in two weeks, so there's not a lot to share. Luckily, we have a nice quiet week at home this week. Then, the craziness starts next week when I go backbto school. That's right, new teacher meetings start Aug 5th, so they will start daycare already. These first three weeks in August will be the busiest as far as extra daycare, because there are a lot of extra meetings I will have to be at that are beyond my scheduled 2 1/2 days a week. It will calm down after the students come back to school on Aug 19th, and shortly after we should settle into our new routine. Stay tuned for some pictures of Thomas and Clifford visits. I'll get those up shortly. Thanks for checking up on us. Take care.

No comments: