Overhead the other morning in Grace's room:
Grace: Xander, get out of my room!
Xander: No!
Grace: Xander, go away!
Xander: No!
Grace: Xander, go away right now!
Xander: I'm not going to go away, because you told me to go away!
Grace: Xander, this is my room and my private stuff. You need to go away RIGHT NOW!
Xander: I won't go away because you told me to.
Grace: MOMMY!
Of course, this is the point when I had to go in a get after both of them. Xander for bothering Grace and Grace for yelling at Xander instead of talking to him nicely. Seriously!
The other day on the swingset, I heard Will and Xander fighting. Then Will came walking, very dejectedly, into the house with big crocodile tears.
Me: What's wrong, Will?
Will: Nothing.
He walked into his room. A few minutes later I went back to see what he was doing. He was just laying on a pillow on the floor with tears in his eyes.
Me: Will, why are you crying?
Will: I just need to be alone right now.
Me: Why?
Will: I'm just really sad and I don't like Xander very much right now.
Me: What happened?
Will: He wouldn't let me...(do something that I don't remember)...and it made me sad.
Do I see a theme here? Xander is a little antagonist!!
And the funniest one...
Xander: Mommy, I have to tell you something.
Me: What, Xander?
Xander: Something is big.
Me: What is big?
He proceeds to pull down his pants to show me his little thingy that is sticking straight up in the air.
Me (trying not to laugh): Yes, I see. Sometimes that happens.
Xander: OK. (pulls up his pants and runs off).
I really thought we had at least 5 more years until we started having conversations like this. They're already fighting about their rooms and "private stuff". What are the tweens and teenage years going to be like in this house. I can't even bear to think about it........
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment