Thursday, July 29, 2010

Our latest

I don't have any new pictures to share. We've been busy, but no real photo opportunities.

So, last week the kids had their first experience at a camp. They did a camp through the Y called "Little Explorers". It was a day camp for 3 - 5 year olds everyday from 9 - 1:30. There were about 10 kids total, and let me tell you I think they had a great time! I know they played hard, because they were exhausted when I picked them up each day and came home to take long naps! On Monday, Wednesday and Friday they rode in the Y van (I had to leave their carseats) to a park around town to play, hike, play games, read books, sing songs and do art. Wednesday, they fished at Oak Lake and Friday they had a cookout. Tuesday and Thursday they walked to the park next to the Y and played then went swimming. It was a great experience for them. By the last day they started to really talk about their leaders (Scott was the head person). I think they really liked them all. And, since Grace needed a booster we could leave with the camp counselors, she was officially moved up to her "big" carseat. Even though she doesn't come close to the 40 lb minimum, we just did it. Now, all three kids can get in the car, strapped in, unstrapped and out the door all WITHOUT my help. I can't tell you how nice this is!

So this week seemed a little like a letdown, because there wasn't as much to do as last week. I think we've kept busy, though. Monday, Will had an asthma Dr appointment (more about that in a minute) then we went to McDonald's with Oma and Opa. We went swimming on Tuesday at the Y, storytime on Wednesday and back to the library today for a magic show and lunch at Aunt Lisa's house. We also babysat Sebastian this afternoon. The kids love playing with him and he enjoys all the attention he gets.

Will got some big news at the asthma doctor on Monday. Since he is nearing 5 years old, this is about the time they transition kids from nebulizers to regular inhalers. So, we came home from this appointment with a regular dry powder inhaler to replace his twice daily nebulized treatments of Pulmicort. This is very exciting to Brian and I (do you have any idea of how much time it will save us!?!?!?), but he seemed more excited by the free t-shirt the doctor gave him that he was trying to get rid of. We still haven't started using the new inhaler yet, we still have one box of the nebulizer medicine we need to use up, but we will start soon. Will did a couple practice runs in the office with a practice inhaler and did a great job. We have another appointment in October that he is going to get a regular fast acting inhaler to replace the albuterol nebulizer that he gets when he's sick. YES!!!!

If you can believe it, the kids have a visitation at preschool next week. In a few short weeks, August 18th to be exact, preschool will start again. Some of you may be wondering if I am going to be working next year and the answer is still no. I haven't gotten any word that there are any music openings for the fall. So, I have been preparing myself for another year staying at home (although there are worse things than getting to stay at home with my kids for their last year before kindergarten). I am looking into taking a graduate class and perhaps some voice lessons to do a little more work towards my masters. Stay tuned for info about that! That's about all our news for now. I'll try to get in another update soon! Thanks for looking in on us!

No comments: