Am I the best wife or what? For Brian's birthday/Father's Day, I got him a gift certificate to go tandem skydiving with the Lincoln Sport Parachute Club. (My dad had done this a couple months ago and Brian commented that he wanted to do it, too). After a couple of phone calls with a guy at the club to get the scheduling down, we had a date (of course, it had to wait until after vacation!). So, Saturday the kids, Dale and Ellen and I went out to watch him jump. He jumped with a guy named Roberto, who had TONS of personality, and I think Brian really enjoyed himself. He wasn't freaked out at all, and actually thought it was tamer than he expected! Roberto did a couple of fancy parachute moves (corkscrew and such) as they were floating down, that Brian hadn't expected by enjoyed and wasn't at all scared of.
Taking off in the plane.
Coming down in the parachute after 30 seconds of free fall. They jumped at 9300 feet and deployed the parachute at 4350 ft. Their average free fall speed was 125 mph! Brian didn't have any problems with sickness or blackouts, but he does have some bruising on his armpits and torso from the harness jamming into him after they pulled the parachute.
A smooth landing!
The kids running out into the field to Brian after they landed. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience!








No comments:
Post a Comment