Sunday, June 26, 2011

random pictures

If you can believe it, these are Will's legs. Click on it and see a close up. The kids has so many bruises, people will start to think we abuse him! He just bruises like a peach and is constantly running, jumping, diving and climbing, so he is always getting scratched up and bumped.
 Xander vacuuming. It's a heavy Dyson vacuum, but he's doing a good job!
Grace sweeping the front porch. We discovered an ant nest under the siding right after I took this picture, so that ended her sweeping adventure.

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. We've been so busy. The kids did a week of bible school at our church, then a week of camp with cousin Carter at his preschool. Those occupied every morning of the last 2 weeks. We've been keeping busy in the afternoons with swimming, piano practicing/lessons, trips to the Y and me trying to redecorate my bedroom (I'll post pictures of that later!)

The boys started t-ball and have had 3 games now. They are enjoying it. I'll get some pictures of the next game and post later. Micro t-ball is similar to micro soccer in that they don't keep score and they are really just doing it for the skills. Each kid gets to bat every inning and they don't have assigned field positions, they switch around. They spend the first 20 minutes on batting practice, fielding and throwing then they play a quick game. The first day was pretty funny because they had NO idea what was happening. Some kids wouldn't run to first, others carried the bat with them. Most of them were staring into space when on the field and didn't even field any balls. It helps that they play on grass, so there are no fast rolling balls to field.

On a happy note, all the kids have learned to ride their bikes with no training wheels now. I know I've posted about Xander already, but since vacation Will and Grace have also learned. I have video of them I'll post this week! It took Grace a long time and lots of encouragement (Brian actually went and borrowed Xander's old 12" bike from cousin Carter so they could practice and be closer to the ground, that really helped). Now they all finally have it! If we ever get time, they can take a bike ride now.

Speaking of time, our evenings have seemed rushed and shorter because the kids have gotten an earlier bedtime now that they are not taking naps! This no-nap thing is harder than I thought it would be (especially for Xander, that kid loves his sleep!) However, things are better when they get to bed at 8 or before and can sleep until 7 or 7:30 the next morning. Will doesn't really care that he's not napping and Grace can usually be OK, but Xander just is not getting enough sleep these days. That boy is just like his dad and can sleep forever. I just hope they get more used to it, because kindergarten is right around the corner!!

Birthday party and bike riding pictures coming soon. Stay tuned!

No comments: