Monday, August 22, 2011

We love kindergarten!





The kids have had 5 days of kindergarten and I think we can safely say that they are huge fans of school! When I picked up them up after the first day, Xander said to me "Mom, do I get to come back tomorrow?" They really have fun. So far, I mostly hear about their exploits on the playground and in lunch, but I also hear a fair amount about specials (art, music, PE, computers and science) so those are also popular. They have met a couple of new friends, but I think that will take time. They really love their teachers and even drew pictures over the weekend to take to them. They also have separately said to me that they like being by themselves in class. I also don't think it will take long for them to really develop some independence. However, one nice thing is that 4 kids from Will's class go to each of the other 5 kindergarten class for specials, and they put Will with Xander's class. So, the boys go to specials together, which is nice. One less day I have to remember the schedule!! Today (monday) is their first full day, they got out an hour early every day last week. So, I think today will be the test on how tired they'll be at the end of the day. They've been pretty tired at the end of the day, and have been going to bed at 7:30 every night. I don't think we'll have to do that forever, but for a while at least until they get in the schedule. The real test of their endurance will come in the next few weeks when we resume all our activities. Coming up, piano lessons, soccer (starts Saturday for G, Sunday for the boys!), dance (for Grace on Saturdays) and cherub choir rehearsals at church (Wednesdays). We will be busy!!

No comments: