Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Welcome to kindergarten - Class of 2024!





It has come! The kids started kindergarten today! By all acounts they had a great day. The first thing Xander said to me when I picked him up was "Can I come back tomorrow?" I'm sooooo glad they like it! They all enjoyed their hot lunch (pizza) and talked endlessly about what they did. They were talking at the same time, and getting mad when they couldn't get a word in. In fact, they really didn't stop talking for about an hour after we got home (I guess 6 hours of being quiet and following directions took their toll!) I heard stories about specials, reading books, recess, lunch, the principal at the assembly, and all sorts of other tidbits.

What did I do all day, you ask? Funny you should mention it. In celebration of raising triplets and getting them to kindergarten (and not having to work today) I went scrapbooking!!! I actually did. I went to the scrapbook store when it opened at 9 am, and stayed until 1:00, when I had to get home to get the kids after school at 1:50. It was glorious!! I wish I could do it everyday, but alas, there actually is work to be done. My little trip was really more symbolic than anything, but I did enjoy myself and got 4 pages done! So, here's to kindergarten and 13 years of being in Lincoln Public Schools. The Class of 2024 has begun its journey!

2 comments:

Chad and Lisa said...

yay! glad you got to enjoy your day and that the kids enjoyed their day too! Can't believe it has been 5 years!

Quinn's Diary said...

Love it! How much fun it is to follow your story!