A few weeks ago we went to a photographer, who Brian and I went to high school with, and the kids got their pictures taken with little baby chicks. We went in their Easter clothes and they had a great time. We had to do it inside the studio, because the weather was terrible (as it has been all spring!!)
The kids were a little unsure at first about the chicks, they didn't want to touch them. But, they got more and more comfortable and then they were old pros at handling them, but they handled them very gently! I think the final products turned out so cute. As an added bonus, Jamy (the photographer) donated all the proceeds of the chick photo shoots she did to Dayna's memorial fund (my friend who passed away in October. Jamy also knew her from elementary and high school.)
Spring soccer is in full swing. We've been busy getting everyone to practices during the week and games on the weekend. This season is more challenging because they have to actually play positions on the soccer field and work as a team. Grace struggled with it a little at first, all the other girls on her team have been doing it for a while longer than her. But, she's getting there. Xander has really blossomed this season, he did a great job at his last game playing his position and being a team player. Will is still a little timid, and we can't figure out why. I'm sure he'll come around! Part of the problem, I think, is that it's been absolutely freezing at the games lately. We've been shivering in the cold, windy, 50 degree games. Hopefully we'll start getting some warmer weather and we'll all enjoy soccer a little more!
They are also preparing their piano songs for a festival in two weeks. This festival is the kind of thing where you go into a room and play your songs for a judge, then take a theory test. They are doing a great job, and I think will be prepared for it. What will remain to be seen is if they get nervous or not playing for a judge. I used to do this all the time as a kid and it always freaked me out a little bit!
The tooth fairy has been busy in our house. Both Xander and Grace lost a tooth on the same day. Grace lost her first upper tooth, and her 3rd total. She has a long way to go, Xander lost his 7th! No front teeth has been hard for Xander, his lisp is getting worse. I've actually talked to the speech therapist at school and we're doing some "home" speech therapy with him, and his classroom teacher is working on it as well. As long as we can get him to lisp a little less, he won't need pull-out speech services. I just don't want him to keep getting older with a speech impediment because he might start getting teased. I'm hoping we can nip this now, so it will prevent problems later! So far, so good!
We're all signed up for summer things, Bright Lights, camp at the Y and soon VBS, swimming and possibly one other camp. We're also in the process of getting our vacation planned. We're probably heading north to South Dakota for a trip into the Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore with a stop in Minneapolis (since at our heart, we're really city folk!). Can you believe only 26 days of school left? I can't believe it! This school year has gone so fast!
Well, happy spring everyone. If you are somewhere where the spring weather is warm, we are jealous. Send us some spring weather! That's all for now!
















No comments:
Post a Comment