Monday, January 28, 2008

Sorry no pictures

Well, my reason this week for no pictures is not because the kids were sick. They've been healthy. I've been sick and really sick this time! Strep throat and a sinus infection. I barely got out of bed on Thursday and I did the rare and unthinkable; I begged Brian to stay home from work on Thursday and take care of the kids for me. Being the great husband that he was, he did. So, thank goodness for daddy, because I wouldn't have made it if he wasn't able to help me out. After some strong antibiotics, I am on the mend this week.

The kids have been fine this last week. Finally healthy and able to go places, even though I wasn't able to take them anywhere. They ate dinner at McDonald's twice this weekend, although grandma and grandpa didn't know they had eaten there on Friday and took them there Saturday. Lucky kids! They got out to story time on Wednesday, the museum Thursday, indoor playground on Saturday and church on Sunday. Fairly normal week. This week is shaping up to be good too, if only the weather would stay this nice!

In other triplet news, they have started stringing two words together almost all the time now, and Xander has even put three together once or twice. Will puts his two words together kind of slowly. For example, he'll want more banana and I'll say "Say more banana." He'll answer "more.......nana." So, the processing time is just a little longer. (We've learned to give them all a little extra time to answer questions, because we've discovered if they have a little time to think, they can usually come up with the correct answer.) Will can also correctly identify "I" and "S" all the time. We don't know why those two letters, but he can spell "IS". The colors are still hard for him expressively, but he is getting better at receptively identifying the correct ones. Xander gets the colors about 50% of the time, and Grace is a know-it-all when it comes to identifying colors. We ask the boys to find a color and she'll run over and do it first. And, she can now identify "X, W, G, Q, S, E, and I" right all the time. We do still need to work on counting, but I heard Will say "one, two" the other day and Xander say "8, 9, 10."

We've started giving them multi-vitamins. Will hates them and won't eat them. Xander gets mad when we won't give him another one. On the horizon, getting rid of the "gugs" (pacifiers, or plugs as they're known in our household.) I'm currently trying to come up with a brilliant strategy to do this with minimal disruption in our sleeping. I haven't thought of anything, so I am stalling. But this needs to happen soon, like in the next month. If anyone has any great suggestions, email me. I'm stumped! That's all for now.

1 comment:

Annalise and Madeline said...

With Maddie the dentist painted a doomsday picture if she didn't ditch the nuk (around her 2nd birthday). She has a fake Christmas tree in her northwoods themed office. The kids bring or mail their nuk's into her and she hangs them on the tree. We didn't send the nuk to the pediatric dentist, but we did talk to Maddie about what happens to her mouth when she sucked on the nuk. It was her choice to give it up but not mail it in. Does your dentist have anything like that? It was an easy way to blame someone else and allow her to make the decision. That's what we did! Good luck :)