
This is how everyone looks in our house these days, running around in underwear and shirts with no shorts. If we go somewhere, I have been putting plastic covers on them just to minimize the mess and then making sure we are near bathrooms. Will is doing a nice job of going potty anywhere I ask him to.
OK - so now it's Grace's turn! She had been saying to me for about a week "Take me to Target to get my underwear, mommy." So, we did. Sunday, we went to Target. (And just an aside about that trip, the girl never stopped talking the whole time. She pointed to everything asking "What's those, mommy?" and constantly talked about what she was seeing, hearing, doing, holding, everything. Boy does she talk a lot when there's no one else to steal the attention.) So, we got her underwear and started first thing Monday morning. I knew Grace would be easy to potty train physically, it would just be the attitude we would have to overcome, and I was entirely right. The girl won't cooperate. She cries or yells "mommy, mommy, mommy" for the entire time she has to potty. She gets REALLY excited when she does go potty and I make a huge deal about it, but the feeling doesn't seem to last or carry over to next time. A little part of me thought she might be easy to potty train, she is quick to please me, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll give it a little longer to see if her behavior improves, because I know she can control her pottying. She only potties 4 or 5 times a day, sometimes going 3 hours between. So, it's not a matter of control, just cooperation. She is entirely different to try to potty train than Will, who is by the way still plugging along. He FINALLY did say today "Mommy I have to go potty" and I promptly sent him in there, but most of the time, if I forget to send him, he'll have an accident. He also still hasn't pooped in the potty, save for just a little bit one time which was probably an accident. It'll just take time for him, I think. Xander has also been asking to sit on his potty, so I think he'll be cooperative when his time comes in a few weeks.
We haven't done much that is news or picture worthy lately. Just sticking close to home for easier pottying. The boys did get their haircut this morning, just in time for family gatherings in the next two weeks. I thought it might be nice if they didn't look like wild children when we see people we haven't seen in a while. We have had a trip to the library and museum, and indoor playground tomorrow. But, I've been going those places with a second adult so I can take Will to the potty without the other two playing around in the dirty bathroom.
New things they're saying :
"Oh my gosh!"
"Oh my gosh!"
"I forgot" (I haven't heard them use this one in context, I think they're just copying someone that said it.)
They have started asking "What's that?" while I'm driving and I can't see what they're pointing at. So, I'll say "Where?" and usually they'll tell me where they're looking "on that truck, mommy" or "on that house, mommy". They can also answer "when" questions. Lately, they've been pretty quick to tell us if they like or don't like something, especially food. Since Xander eats pretty much everything you put in front of him, it's rare to hear "I don't like that, mommy." But it has been showing up lately. He said that about hard-boiled eggs and tartar sauce (separately) today. We're going to Superior this weekend to see family and go to a wedding, and Opa's (Gerhard) 85th birthday party is this weekend, too. So, hopefully we'll have lots of family pictures and stories to tell next week. Have a good long weekend everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment