Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Children's Zoo and Train ride



Here are a few pictures of the zoo trip on Friday. It was a day with special deals for families with multiples. We got 3 train rides for the price of one. (Otherwise, we would never take them on the train.) They loved it! Xander spent the whole ride with a huge smile on his face. They have talked about it everyday since. We ran through the zoo kind of fast that day, though. We had to get the kids to my parents and get home because Brian and I, along with Mike and Hilary Wiese and Aunt Lisa and Uncle Chad went to Wichita on Friday afternoon. Our friend Jason got married there. We had a fun road trip, and got to go out on Friday night. The wedding was nice. Then, we came home Saturday afterwards. It was nice to have a little time away. Sunday we went to the Scribners for Carter's first birthday. We also found out that day that Brian and I are going to have another niece or nephew. Lisa is pregnant with #2. Congrats Lisa and Chad! The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and resting, everyone was tired from the trip or stay at grandparents. We have stuck close to home Monday and Tuesday to keep close to a potty chair for Will (see next post). Hopefully we can start getting out again next week, if he is catching on more. We would like to go swimming a couple of more times before the pools close next week.

Another exciting development over the past few weeks is that they've finally learned to pedal their tricycles. It has been slowly coming, they were getting better and now they can mostly do it. Going up the driveway is still a little hard, because it's uphill and they're not quite strong enough. They need a little momentum from downhill to get them started. But, at least they're going a little way before they get stuck. We'll take it. Funny new phrases they use are "umm...." (Xander does this a lot when making a decision. He is so slow!) "What's that, mommy?" (I hear that one a lot!) I've heard will exclaim "OH!" a couple of times lately when he's figured something out. And the funniest one was today when I was trying to get Grace to sit on her potty (of course she didn't). So, I relented. Then, as she was sitting on my lap and I was combing her hair. It had a lot of knots and my brushing must have hurt because she looked at me and said "I'd rather sit on the potty, mommy". I just about died laughing. I asked her "what did you say?" and she repeated it. I didn't hear wrong. She never did sit on the potty, though.

Also, say a quick congrats to Brian if you talk to him. He got a promotion at work this week, along with a raise. His official title is now Principal Design Engineer. Pretty exciting! That's about all. Thanks for checking up.

No comments: