Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A happy update

Hi all! I have a great update for you this week, it mostly has to do with Will's potty training (as you may have guessed, it's occupying most of my thoughts). He's doing fantastically! After a rough start on Monday and Tuesday last week, he started to get into the groove on Wednesday. By the weekend, he was having no accidents (except pooping ones) and was staying dry thru nap and even waking up in the morning dry! The start of this week has been just as good. He's staying dry for 1 to 1/2 hour stretches, and he goes everytime we send him into the bathroom. Now, let me say, he still is not able to tell me when he has to go to the bathroom. In fact, I got distracted by something on Monday morning and forgot to send him and he had an accident. And he is still not pooping in the potty. But, other than that, I think he's doing as well as we can expect for only having been at it for a week and a day. Grace has been asking for her big girl underwear, so she may be next. I don't know if she'll cooperate or not, but we can hope, right!

Since potty training is taking up most of my energy, we haven't gone anywhere or done much lately. They did spend Saturday with grandma and grandpa Niebuhr while Brian and I went to Omaha and purchased bedroom furniture. It's getting delivered Sept 11, so shortly after then, the boys will have their own room and Grace will have a redecorated nursery. We are nearing completion on the painting phase of the basement project, now all that's left is to move the office down there. I believe that will happen sometime this weekend.

One new funny thing they are saying is "I really doubt it." (Will has even used this one in context. I said to him "I saw that." and he said "I really doubt it.") Grace announced to us "I don't like corn mommy, but I like ketchup though." Thanks Grace. Xander still loves trains and has been playing "train" all the time lately.

That's about all for now. I'll try to get some pictures up next week. Have a good week, all!

No comments: