Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Busy, busy, busy





Sorry for a later post this week. We are knee deep in Phase 3 these two weeks. Grace's room is painted, the boys' furniture is assembled and currently being used. The final step is tomorrow, where we are getting the carpet in the living room and Grace's room cleaned. (This is the part I'm most excited about. The kids have trashed our carpets.) Once her carpet is cleaned, we can assemble her furniture and move her into her room. I'll post pictures of the rooms once they are finished with decorations and everything is moved in.
As the title states, we have been busy this week. In addition to the project, we've been all around town doing various things: watching the football game, having birthday dinner for Kara and Wes, running errands, having the van fixed, play dates, and lots of other things. The last night of my class was last night, so I had several assignments due as finals and to top it all off, we started Xander in underwear on Monday. So, this week, we are trying to stick close to home for his learning. (More on his progress coming in a later post.)
Some funny things they've been saying/doing lately.....
Xander has decided that some inatimate objects are hiding from him. If he can't find something, he'll look at me and say "It's probably hiding". He said this morning that his pee hiding from him, too. Grace has started making every command she gives me into a question. "I'll flush the potty, OK?" "I want to do it, OK?" "Get up, OK?" This is a little much, but funny to hear in her little voice. Will has been enjoying dancing lately. Every time there's music on, he'll dance.
The pictures are of the kids watercoloring one day last week. It was a day when it was raining, we were without transportation, and the kids had a cold. We stayed home all day that day! It was a long day! That's about all for now. I'll post about potty training a little later and stay tuned for pictures of their rooms.


No comments: