



This is Gracie's new bedroom. We took a risk with the dark brown wall color, but I love how it has turned out. It really isn't that dark, either (which is what we were worried about). It has a lot of natural light and the light furniture and decor really breaks up the brown. Her furniture is Young America made by Stanley, it's good quality. She shelves are what were in the nursery before. Everything else pretty much came from Target. I think her bedroom could be a commercial for Target. Some of the decorations on the dresser I got at Hobby Lobby, but that's all. Gotta love Target! It is so easy to find girls room decorations, I've had to control myself about what I buy. Her room has a lot of floor space, so they tend to play in her room a lot. She doesn't really mind, although she is a little possessive about them sitting on her bed. A lot of people have been asking me how she is doing sleeping by herself in a separate room, and the answer is, no problems at all. She just crawls in to bed and falls alseep almost immediately (no one is around to keep her awake!) and she doesn't cry or get scared at all. Miss independent!
1 comment:
Kate's room is brown and pink too, with brown walls, and we like it too. My mom and grandma thought it was a disaster to have brown walls in a nursery, but it's been fine and now everyone loves it.
Post a Comment