Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Will and Xander's bedroom











So here is the boys' room. I think it has turned out pretty cute, so far. It is still a work in progress. The walls are, I admit, a little bare still. Unless you like sports or machinery, the decor for a boys' room is limited. I'll just take my time until I find the best things. Their furniture is all from Young America made by Stanley, it really is nice quality. I hope it will last a while. They are bunk beds, we just will not bunk them for some time. Will's bed (on the right) is the top bunk, so we used the rails that came with it. Xander's bed has double rails we bought at Target. They are working quite well, he's not that crazy of a sleeper. One side does fold down, but I leave it up so it doesn't scratch the bed. The guidelines say you shouldn't bunk kids until they're six, so it will be a while until we put them that way. The quilts and shams came from Pottery Barn Kids (a splurge, I know!) but they are also great quality and can stick around a while. Ellen made the curtains for me, which I appreciate.
You can see that we have the changing table thing on their dresser. We still use it every once in a while for that really gross accidents and nighttime diapers, etc. So, that will stay temporarily. You can also see we've moved some toys into their room. A lot of toys have made it out of the living room (moved into bedrooms or basement toy room.) I am reclaiming my living room! The newly cleaned (and I must say, fantastic looking) carpet has inspired me. I've started putting some decorations (only some) and lamps back. Even my fancy side table made a return from storage. The living room hasn't looked this clean (and good) in a long time, so I've decided it's no longer a playroom but my pretty living room. They have been playing in their rooms more and they can go downstairs for short amounts of time without me. Toys seem to creep around the basement, though. And I caught them playing with the computer today and fighting over the spinning office chair. So, short periods of time in the basement unsupervised is all they can handle, yet.

No comments: