Friday, July 06, 2012

Family birthday party

We ended up waiting until July 1st to have the family birthday party, because various people were out of town most of the month of June. It turned out fine, though. We had a "breakfast for dinner" party. We made pancakes, eggs, cereal and had donuts instead of cake. The whole idea was really Grace's. When I asked what they wanted for their birthday dinner, she said "Scrambled eggs and toast." Brian and I looked at each other and thought "Breakfast, not a bad idea!" So, we did it. I had fun coming up with fun ways to present all the food and I really had fun making their birthday cake (it looks like pancakes. See the last pictures!)





 Some pictures of the kids on the birthday party day. It was super hot outside, so we didn't spend anytime out there. In fact, we went in the cool basement for a long time that night.
 Dessert. Donuts, cereal, and donut hole pops. Yum!

 Dinner. Yogurt parfaits, pancakes, fruit, 2 egg casseroles, sausages and pigs in a blanket. Yum again!



 The kids ready to open their presents in the cool basement!



Happy birthday with a pancake-cake. It's made with yellow cake mix, but I added sprinkles to the batter and cooked it on a griddle like a real pancake. The top is a vanilla glaze and more sprinkles. The kids thought it was funny and they tasted pretty yummy, too! Thanks to all our family for the great presents and coming over to celebrate with us. The kids had a great time and have been enjoying their new toys.

No comments: