So, we're getting ready to get back to school! Can you believe it?? Two weeks until the kids start, and I start this week! I am kind of bummed, this summer went really fast. It doesn't even really feel like fall is around the corner, because it's been so darn hot! I'm not sure I'm ready for a busy school year, although I think the kids are ready to be back. Will said the other day "I can't wait for 1st grade!" So, here are a few pictures of things we've been doing to get geared up for back to school.....
They all got new backpacks and lunchboxes (they lined them up like this to show Brian when he got home from work). The only thing I had intended to get was new backpacks for the boys, since their old ones have holes, but it was buy a backpack get a lunchbox free at Target so I caved and got everybody new stuff.
Here's all the school supplies we got to be donated to their room.
This next picture is craziness. We cleaned out the drawers (2 drawers each) of art work, worksheets and paper from kindergarten. This is just the recycling pile! There was also a "save" sack for each of them and a sack of throw-away things that couldn't be recycled. Boy, those teachers do send home a lot of work!! It took us the better part of a day to get through all six of the drawers. But, it was neat to see how their work progressed over the year, as we were looking back on everything we pulled out of the drawer.
Open house is one week from Thursday, so we will know by then who they each have for a teacher and we'll see their rooms and then it will be a reality!!
Summer is starting to wind down. T-ball is over the boys and will be over for Grace tomorrow (Sunday). Swimming lessons are done, and I'm glad to say, they all passed! They really are doing a great job swimming. Grace has one dance class left until September. She has liked this new studio, so we're sticking with the same class but will be on Saturday mornings (a little better time for us!). We haven't had many piano lessons this summer, but have been practicing some. We start with a new piano teacher next week. We needed a new teacher that the kids wouldn't try to "work over" like they were doing with grandma. Even though they were learning a lot with her, it was still too familiar a place to get any real work done. I think this teacher will be tough, but it nice. They will learn a lot!! That is about all our news for now. I'm sure I'll get more posted about the start of the school year as we get going! Stay cool in this super hot weather, I know we will be trying to!!




No comments:
Post a Comment